Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bo Jackson: Jameis Winston needs to make some changes



Bo Jackson doesn't approve of the way Jameis Winston has been acting.


The former two-sport star and 1985 Heisman Trophy winner said on the Jime Rome Show Tuesday that he's given Winston advice. Winston and Jackson both grew up in Bessemer, Ala. He said he talked with Winston after he was suspended from FSU's baseball team. But hasn't spoken with him since.


"I really don’t know who is giving this young man guidance," Jackson said. "I have attempted -- I have communicated with him and I just talked with him like I was his dad. The things that you need to do. And this was before the incident where he was [suspended] from the baseball team and to be honest with you I really haven’t talked with him since. I am the type of person, I will go out of my way to help anybody. But if you don’t take my advice — normally I don’t like giving people advice if I haven’t been down that road myself. But if I give you advice on something that I know more about than you by just falling out of bed in the morning, if you can’t take that advice and learn from it, then I’ve got nothing else to do with the situation. You’re on your own.”


You can listen to the full interview here.


Winston, is currently facing a Florida State code of conduct hearing for his role in an alleged sexual assault in December 2012. (He was never charged with a crime) The suspension from the baseball team was after he took crab legs and crawfish from a grocery store in the spring. He was suspended for a game against Clemson in September for standing on a table in the student union and yelling an obscene phrase, and he's also reportedly been involved in two BB gun incidents.


Jackson, while admitting he wasn't a saint himself, said he knew he needed to keep himself on the straight and narrow because of his status as a popular figure. While all of the incidents at Florida State haven't seemed to derail his focus on the field, NFL teams are taking note.


"Jameis Winston needs to make some changes in his life," Jackson said. "Because it’s affecting him now and it’s definitely going to affect him down the road."


Rome also asked Jackson what he told Jameis. He declined to elaborate on the specific topics of the discussion.


"That’s between Jameis and myself," Jackson said. "If I told you what I told him, it’ll probably singe the hairs in your ears."


For more Florida State news, visit Warchant.com.


- - - - - - -


Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at nickbromberg@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!


Follow @NickBromberg


From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Bo Jackson: Jameis Winston needs to make some changes


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts