Saturday, August 9, 2014

Nebraska starting linebacker Michael Rose injures knee



The hits keep coming for Nebraska’s defense.


Per the Omaha World-Herald, sophomore linebacker Michael Rose posted on Instagram Friday night that he injured his knee, and it appears to be serious. Though the program has yet to acknowledge the injury, Rose, who started seven games last season, wrote in a comment that he “tore (his) ACL” and “possibly” injured his “MCL and cartilage” as well. He added that he’d find out more “tomorrow,” as he’ll likely undergo an MRI Saturday to get a true assessment of his injury.


Rose’s Instagram post, in full, reads:



I'm hurting... I'm not gonna lie. I'm hurting bad. So much work out in this off season to get my weight down and body fat to prove to people I can be an every down linebacker. A lot of film study critiquing myself and trying to learn techniques from some of the best linebackers to ever play on any level. It's hard right now for me. I can barely express how I feel right now cause I'm numb to it. It won't hit me until I see my boys, my brothers, my teammates run out on that field aug 30th against FAU. It won't hit me till I see my boy@ameerguapo and @afro_thunder80 put up touchdown after touchdown on defenses this year. It won't hit me until my man @zaireanderson and @vrvj98and randy lead the way to a top 10 defense. It's gonna be a long process back but I got a lot of good people on my side. I'm coming back stronger than ever. Trust and believe that!! Send prayers up to the man above for me but don't send me sympathy !! I will be back better than ever before !! #GBR #HUSKERNATION



Rose’s injury is the third loss this week for the Huskers’ defense. The program announced Friday that sophomore safety LeRoy Alexander will be suspended for the entire 2014 season. Additionally, junior cornerback Charles Jackson injured his left knee earlier in the week and will miss the season after undergoing surgery.


Rose was expected to be the team’s full-time starter at middle linebacker moving forward. As a redshirt freshman in 2013, he played in all 12 games and after starting the season in a reserve role, he moved into the starting lineup. In total, Rose registered 66 tackles – a record for a Nebraska freshman.


The 5-foot-11, 240-pound Rose, a native of Kansas City, Mo., was a three-star recruit in the class of 2012.


For more Nebraska news, visit HuskerOnline.com.


- - - - - - -


Sam Cooper is a contributor for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter!


Follow @SamDCooper


From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Nebraska starting linebacker Michael Rose injures knee


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts