Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Top defensive tackle recruit Terry Beckner Jr. picks Missouri



Defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr., is staying close to home.


The four-star recruit from East St. Louis chose Missouri, spurning Auburn, Ohio State and Florida State. Beckner is considered the nation's fifth-best player at his position.


"My heart told me Missouri," said Beckner who teared up during his announcement. "I looked into my heart and I felt Missouri was the best place for me in the end.”



Beckner is a key addition to a Missouri defensive front that has produced NFL-caliber talent year after year. Beckner's versatility and speed work well with Missouri’s line, which often values speed over bulk. Beckner is 6-foot-4, 293 pounds, but is strong enough to play nose tackle. He also runs 4.89-second 40-yard dash. During his senior season at East St. Louis, Beckner had 116 tackles, three sacks and an interception that he returned for a touchdown.


Beckner said he wasn’t solid on his choice until late in the process and the fact that high school teammate Naterace Strong also was attending Missouri helped in his decision.


"It's fair to say that I went back and forth with it (the decision),” Beckner said. “The other schools gave me a lot to consider. I just feel like I have the best of everything with Missouri."


For more Missouri news, visit PowerMizzou.com.


- - - - - - -


Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at dr.saturday@ymail.com or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday


And don’t forget to keep up with all of Graham’s thoughts, witty comments and college football discussions on Facebook


From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Top defensive tackle recruit Terry Beckner Jr. picks Missouri


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts