Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Michigan's Devin Funchess declares for the NFL draft



Michigan announced on Tuesday that WR Devin Funchess will declare for the 2015 NFL draft.


Funchess was Michigan's leading receiver in 2014. He had 62 catches for 733 yards and four touchdowns while wearing the No. 1 jersey.


"I would like to thank my family, coaches and teammates for their support," Funchess said in a Michigan statement. "It's always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL, and I am prepared to take the next step in my journey.


"I want to personally thank Coach Hoke and his staff. I've learned life and character lessons from them, and they have helped me become a better person and man. I love Michigan. From the former players to the fans, it's a special place. The opportunity to play in the Big House in front of 100,000 strong each week, those are memories that will last with me forever. It's been an honor to strap on the winged helmet for three years with my teammates, and I will always bleed maize and blue."


Funchess was selected to the all-Big Ten second team by the league's coaches. At 6-5, 230, Funchess is listed at approximately the same height and weight as former Texas A&M WR Mike Evans and former Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin. Both receivers were first round picks in the 2014 NFL draft.


In 2013, Funchess was officially listed as a tight end and had 748 receiving yards, the most in Michigan history for a player at the position and was also a second-team all-Big Ten coaches' team selection.


For more Michigan news, visit TheWolverine.com.


- - - - - - -


Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at nickbromberg@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!


Follow @NickBromberg


From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Michigan's Devin Funchess declares for the NFL draft


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts