Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Alabama CB Cyrus Jones had a hip injury throughout 2014



Alabama cornerback Cyrus Jones had a choice before the 2014 season. He could play through a hip injury or he could have surgery in June and end up missing the season.


You know by now that he chose the former.


The injury was a torn hip labrum. The labrum is a ring of cartilage around your hip socket that helps hold your leg in place in your hip. Yes, it's painful, and can especially effect players who have to make quick lateral movements. Like a cornerback.


"As soon as I was diagnosed with it, I knew, eventually, I would need surgery," Jones said via Al.com. "But being as though I got it diagnosed in the summertime during workouts, I couldn't get surgery because that would have meant I would have had to sit out during the season. I just had to deal with it through the season."


Jones was a key part of Alabama's defense in 2014. He had 46 tackles and three interceptions and started all of Alabama's games. He had the surgery in January and has been rehabilitating this spring. He estimated via Al.com that he was 70 percent ready.


"I probably have a couple more months until I'm fully 100 percent," Jones said. "I'm just taking my time with it, not trying to rush anything because I don't want to get back out there and have a setback right away, so that's something that's important."


For more Alabama news, visit TideSports.com.


- - - - - - -


Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at nickbromberg@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!



From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Alabama CB Cyrus Jones had a hip injury throughout 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts