Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Oregon's Arik Armstead heading to the NFL draft



Oregon defensive star Arik Armstead is going pro.


Armstead made his declaration official Tuesday night on Oregon's official website. A 6-8, 290-pound junior defensive lineman, he's a likely early pick in the 2015 NFL draft.


"After three years preparing with my teammates and coaches, I feel I'm ready to test myself at the next level," Armstead said via GoDucks.com. "All the support I've received from [Oregon defensive coordinator Ken Pellum] and [defensive line coach Ron Aiken], the rest of the Oregon coaches and staff and in my academics has prepared me to make this jump."


“I’ve had an awesome three years here, and I'm so happy I made the decision to be a Duck. I want to thank my coaches, the academic support and athletic training staffs, the Eugene community and Duck fans everywhere for supporting me throughout my three years here. I’ll always be a Duck.”


Armstead finished the 2014 season with 46 total tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. In Monday night's national title game, Armstead recovered the fumble Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones committed when he dropped the ball while scrambling to his right.


For more Oregon news, visit DuckSportsAuthority.com.


- - - - - - -


Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at nickbromberg@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter!


Follow @NickBromberg


From Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo Sports - Oregon's Arik Armstead heading to the NFL draft


No comments:

Post a Comment

College Stuff for Real Men - Recent Posts